1. Pop popcorn according to your favourite method. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 275F.
3. On the stovetop in a small saucepan over medium heat combine the butter, vinegar, salt, and brown sugar. Whisk mixture until the butter, vinegar, salt, and sugar have fully melted together.
4. Add in the Cracker Barrel cheese and whisk until melted. Be careful not to overheat your caramel sauce or it may split.
5. Working quickly whisk in the baking soda. When caramel begins to froth and become light and airy pour it immediately over the popcorn.
6. Mix the popcorn with a spoon or spatula to ensure even coating.
7. Transfer popcorn to a large parchment-lined baking sheet and spread it out into a single layer.
8. Place to popcorn in the oven for 25 minutes to allow the classic crunchy caramel popcorn texture to develop.
9. Remove cheese caramel popcorn from the oven and allow it to cool before enjoying.
10. Once fully cooled store any extra popcorn in an airtight container for up to 3 days.